Movin' Along

Jack and I went to see Dr. Atkins yesterday. He jinxed me last time I was in his office by saying I’d be pregnant by December! (At that time I had had three regular periods, but haven’t had a single one since then!) So we talked Clomid. He told us about the side effects, the risk of multiples, etc. After that he did a regular exam, a pap, and gave me two prescriptions. One is for Provera, which will get a period started for me. That way we know when to start counting day one of my cycle. The other is for Clomid. I’ll take five doses of Clomid starting on day 5 of my cycle. Then on day 21 he’ll do bloodwork. If I have an elevated progesterone level, that means I ovulated, and the Clomid worked! If not, then we increase the dosage next month. Day 30 I’ll take a pregnancy test if I haven’t started another period, and we’ll just go from there!

I really, really like Dr. Atkins. He’s young, cool, very personable, and isn’t offended when I start a sentence with “I read on the internet that….” :o)

So here’s hoping for lots and lots of baby dust!!
~Heather

0 comments: