HSG Is Over!

I have to say, I was really nervous about getting this HSG thing done, but the radiologist and her assistant were AWESOME!!

So my appointment was at 2:30 pm, so I got there about 2:00 pm. They told me to get there 15 minutes early for paperwork stuff, and I'm so glad I was earlier than that. First off, they are renovating the Women's Diagnostic Center, so the front desk and admissions area was in the lobby, but it was so cool, I checked in at the front desk and they gave me this little pager thing like you get at restaurants! When it buzzed, they were ready for me... that was cool! (Yes, I'm easily amused!)

So I go to the admissions area and they're putting all of my info in... well they're also upgrading to a new computer system... major problems there! In fact, funny story, they put in my address, and it pulled up the name of the lady who USED to live in this house!!

I FINALLY get through admissions and head back to the secondary waiting room, before I sit down the assistant was there to get me. We go back to this room with a long table (pillow and sheet laid out on it) and a big machine behind it. So I change into a hospital gown with my butt exposed (sorry mom!), and hop up on the table. I talk to the assistant for a while, she goes and gets the radiologist, and then we're ready to start. I laid down, she put this catheter thing in and blows up the balloon.... OUCH!! It hurt just for a second and then all I felt was some pressure. I could see the video screen thing from where I was laying and she took 5 or 6 photos. It was weird seeing my insides! lol But they looked just like they should. I saw my uterus and two ovaries and the dye flowing through my fallopian tubes! So everything is good. I'm ok... at least in that sense.

It'll take a week or so for my doctor to get the results back and then we will decide where to go from there.

As a side note, the radiologist said that the lubricant in the dye actually HELPS people get pregnant.... hmmm.... where's Jack?????? :o)
~Heather

0 comments: